1. I got sick this week, it hit me last Saturday and it is still hanging around. Every day there was a new symptom, like the worst gift ever that just won't stop giving. I finally broke down and took some breastfeeding friendly medicine because the cough was keeping me up. On a plus side, I think coughing this much is a literal ab workout.
2. As a result, my house is still a mess from Christmas... and our tree is still up. I'm soaking it in as it will be coming down this weekend. I always struggle with how to decorate once the tree is down - it is not like we are ready for spring decorations but what is winter decor without a tree? My Christmas decorations never made it to the blog this year, but maybe once I figure out what winter decor will look like I'll share. I'm thinking I need to swing by the thrift shop and pick up some brass candlesticks. I'm thinking a nice collection with white tapered candles like this one from Lindsey at Better After would be perfect winter decor.
3. Last Friday looked a lot like the following, and it was perfect. When I can get baby snuggles AND cat cuddles my day is made. I'm hoping for a repeat tonight.
4. My co-worker hosted a bread class today, she taught us how to make 5 different breads. Both bread and pie are skills I am hoping to learn, and there are a few breads I feel comfortable trying on my own now. I have a focaccia in the fridge ready to bake, so tomorrow already looks great.
5. Paul came home yesterday with the news that I knew was coming eventually. He has to travel for work in the next few weeks. He will be gone all work week, so I'll be home taking care of our 2 month old alone. I've been blessed so far to have him around with no work travel, it is nice to know I don't have to do every feeding at night and I can say "your turn" to some diapers in the evenings. This mama is going to have a tired week coming up.