1. It has been some time since I picked up my calligraphy pen, partially because of item #2... but I saw Pen and Peplum's 52 week challenge. A prompt a week seems like something I can handle, hopefully. The prompt for week 1 is a mantra for 2015, mine is - I'm on my way. I'm not the person I want to be, or where I want to be yet, but I'm on my way.
2. School really is whipping me back into shape. Right now I am chiseling away at this geology course I have to take. It is not that it is hard, but I'm not interested and that makes it incredibly challenging. Once I get through it I can finally start my actual program - secondary education in biology.
3. I finished another little chenille blanket for a friend's daughter. She wasn't really specific with the colors, just that they were using purple in the nursery. So I took the opportunity to make a blanket with more traditional baby colors. I think it turned out super cute. All of these babies... oh my heart is so ready for a family. I never want to wish away these years of just Paul and I, but some days I do.
4. I realize that Christmas is over, but I can't stop wearing this festive sweater. I won't stop wearing it either.
5. Paul received a toy helicopter for Christmas from a friend, basically the best gift ever. I can't stop playing with it either, and I'm getting good enough that I can chase the cat with it. I was hoping she would chase it, but you know, the opposite happened. She sometimes like to watch it, and other times runs in FEAR. The helicopter is just a blue blur in the photo above, but it clearly has the interest of Paul and the cat.
Anything exciting happen in your life lately? I need something to live vicariously through.