Baked Sesame Asparagus
Asparagus ranks in my top vegetable favorites, but I occasionally get tired of eating it prepared the same 2 ways. I will try just about any asparagus recipe just to mix it up. This recipe has a spritz of lemon in it which makes the asparagus so light and fresh tasting. Perfect thing to balance out all of heavy winter soups and Christmas cookies.
1 pound of asparagus
1. Break off the ends of the asparagus
2. Spread on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil
3. Season with salt and pepper
4. Spritz with lemon juice
5. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on the asparagus, as many as you like
6. Bake at 375 for 8-12 minutes or until fork tender
A simple and fast side dish. Let me know if you try it!